Artlines Media is searching for a passionate web developer to join our small yet ambitious team, as we begin our transition from a smaller local outfit to a nationally recognised and respected web agency.
Ideally, we’re looking for a multi-skilled individual with strong front-end development skills, who also enjoys dabbling with PHP. At least 1 year’s experience is preferred.
- Ability to translate Photoshop designs into semantic, uncluttered and well thought-out HTML and CSS.
- Responsive web design and optimising for the smaller screened experience.
- Strong awareness of accessibility and browser-compatibility issues.
- Basic programming knowledge with PHP and MySQL databases.
- Any other web-based programming language/framework such as ruby, rails or node.js is seen as a major plus.
- Knowledge of any CMS or e-commerce platforms, such as wordpress, expression engine, magento, etc. (Even though we tend to build our own bespoke systems for projects)
- Working knowledge of using version control within a team environment.
- Experience working with dedicated servers.
This is a great opportunity to join a young and energetic web team, to learn as well as imparting some of your own knowledge and methodologies. Our studio, complete with pool table and arcade machines, is set in the picturesque village of Penn in Buckinghamshire – easily accessible from the M40 and Beaconfield train station (Chiltern Railways Marylebone to Birmingham line).
A competitive salary is on offer to the right candidate.
If you think you are right for the job, please send your CV to with links to your past projects and include your salary expectation.