We're Hiring! - Web Designer/Illustrator
Artlines Media is searching for a passionate web designer and illustrator to join our small yet ambitious team, as we begin our transition from a smaller local outfit to a nationally recognised and respected design agency.
You will take creative lead on a variety of interesting projects, often liasing directly with clients. To keep you on top form, we will provide you with the perfect nurturing environment; evolving and learning with various conferences and courses throughout the year.
Our new offices sit in the picturesque and idyllic village of Penn & Tylers Green, Buckinghamshire - inspired surroundings.
As well as a proven-track record of beautiful and original design for both web and print, you will also be at the forefront of modern design trends. Logo and branding design will be your bread and butter.
You will be working directly with our MD and lead developer in planning and wireframing design and user experience, and you will take the lead in designing award-winning standard websites.
You will be an active and contributing member of the design community, with a strong twitter presence, personal blog and, perhaps, even a dribbble account (Although these endeavours will not distract you from your duties, of course!)
We are looking for someone with:
- 2 years of agency/professional freelancing experience, with a portfolio expressing a range of design skills and styles
- excellent skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
- the ability to verbally and visually communicate your ideas
- a keen eye for detail, with enthusiasm for colour, layout and typography
- a friendly and likeable demeanour
- understanding of mark-up (handcoding XHTML and/or HTML5)
- CSS skills, including new and progressive CSS3 features
- experience working with jQuery
- PHP, at any level
- Flash. We don't use it much these days, but it still has it's uses.
- Body-popping, and/or the robot.
Get in touch
If you fit the bill then let us know:
Please no agencies.